About Us

North Star Supply Co. Inc. was founded by Frank N. Sausen in 1924 as a family owned business in the wholesale distribution of roofing, siding products, gutters and downspouts.

After WWII Francis J. Sausen, son of the founder entered the business.

In 1945 the business moved into 255 Pratt Street on the corner of Broadway, where they remained until 2001.  With the advent of the forced air gas furnace, North Star added a full line of heating and sheet metal supplies.   Air Conditioning followed in the late 1950’s.

Frank N. Sausen died in 1963 and the following year Francis J. Sausen Jr. entered the business.  In 1973 North Star expanded into the Rochester, NY market by purchasing Heating Products Co., an HVAC Wholesale Distributor.  By 1975, North Star dropped all roofing and siding products to concentrate on the ever expanding HVAC industry. 

Francis J. Sausen Jr. became President in 1976.  Donna A. Sausen, wife of Francis J. Sausen Jr. was hired in 1977 in the accounting department. 

The company continued to grow through the 1980’s.  In 1990, after graduating from Michigan State University, Francis J. Sausen III (Trey) joined the company.

In the mid 90’s North Star entered the hearth products industry, by becoming a distributor for Napoleon gas fire places, stoves and inserts.

Due to the increased growth of our customer base and products, the company built a new office and warehouse facility on Thielman Drive and moved in to this new facility in 2001.

Francis J. Sausen died in 2007 and today, Francis J. Sausen Jr., Chairman, Francis J. Sausen III (Trey), President and Donna A. Sausen, Secretary, head and continue to grow the company.